Saturday, September 23, 2006

Part two,

the colour part, of the print edition of issue two of Otoliths is on its way for proofing.



It contains paintings, essays, poems & vispo by Karl Young, Vernon Frazer, Sandra Simonds, Nico Vassilakis & John M. Bennett, Carol Jenkins, Ira Joel Haber, Thomas Fink, Geof Huth, David-Baptiste Chirot, Michael Rothenberg & Eileen Tabios. Glorious stuff, in full colour.

I'm in the final fiddlings with part one, trying to get a poem right that runs its lines over on the smaller print page. Made a bit more difficult by the fact that it's bilingual, on facing pages, & I want to keep the balance. But it should be off to the printer next week.

Sent to the printer last night was the chapbook out of issue two, Sandra Simonds' The Tar Pit Diatoms.



It's a wonderful sequence of poems, again using colour, & I'm proud to be publishing it. It'll be proofed in about a week.

&, in a fit of self-indulgence, I've done a print version of my own the allegrezza ficcione



that first saw the light of day as a serial on pelican dreaming. It's a speculative novella, too short to be sent away as a novel, too long to be sent off to a journal. So I've decided that since it contains what I feel is some of my best - or, at least, my own favourite - writing, why not get it out of the drawer where it's been languishing & making whimpering noises & let it out into the light of day.

No comments: